Start your holiday in the bustling sea side city of Negombo. Just minutes from the airport, Negombo is a melting port of religion, culture, cuisine and much more.
Beach Please – DASH – Standard $$$
10 Nights & 11 Days
Sri Lanka Beach Holiday
Sri Lanka Beach Holiday
!!! Site Under Moderation !!! Price for single – $3600 per person / Price for couple – $2250 per person / Price for group of 4 – $1900 !!! Of all the many reasons to visit Sri Lanka, a sun-kissed, beach holiday may be one of your biggest. And here in Sri Lanka, each stretch of beach is different from the next. So you have party beaches and quiet ones, pretty ones with little cafes or those that are best for surfing. The Beach Please- Dash tour is built for the certified beach lover and is crafted around the coast stretching from the island’s west coast to the deep south. Each stop also offers unique Foozoo Features to make your Sri Lanka beach holiday that much more memorable.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy Going
Group Size Medium Group
Sri Lanka Beach Holiday.
6 amazing tropical beaches in 11 days
As an island destination, in the tropics, Sri Lanka offers an array of divine beach stops. However, the diverse landscape and differences in climate makes each stop a unique one. That is also true for Sri Lanka’s beaches.
This tour is however crafted for those who only seek out a beach holiday vs a more broader journey of discovery. However, in true Foozoo style, we have added unique experiences, we refer to as ‘Foozoo Features ‘ to make each stop simply more than just beach.
Foozoo Features for this tour
Visit the historic Galle Fort, play with baby sea turtles, set off on a whale and dolphin watching adventure, take a boat ride through a mangrove forest and visit the beautiful home and gardens of a famed Sri Lankan architect. Then cook up a storm with a Sri Lankan family, enjoy fresh coconut toddy ( local alcoholic beverage) and go on a village bicycle tour. Spa rituals and a bit of shopping are also included. So yes! There’s plenty of life on our beach holidays.
Summary of this tour
Depending on the time of arrival, you will spend a night and a day in the beach town of Negombo. We will then drive straight to the deep south via the highway network and spend two nights in sleepy Tangalle! Next up are the twin beach spots of Weligama/Mirissa which are ideal for surfing. We then head to the party beaches of Unawatuna and then move further up the coast to Bentota. We end our tour, just south of Colombo, by the beaches of Mount Lavinia.
- Airport transfers, highway fees, parking fees, driver fees, fuel, emergency repairs, vehicle insurance
- Travel in Sri Lanka by eco-friendly car/van (air conditioned), tuk-tuk, trains, boat trips as indicated in the itinerary
- All accommodation as per given hotels on bed and breakfast basis (8 breakfast units) – Alternate hotels available on request
- An extra room night for very early check-in or very late checkout. This is refundable should it not be needed (as per final travel plan)
- All accommodation will be on twin sharing basis
- Welcome gift pack with essentials for travel in Sri Lanka (mosquito repellent, mint, wet wipes, etc.)
- Entry fees to all given sites
- Dedicated tour manager, accommodation, fees
- Professional tour guide for Dambulla, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Kandy and Safari
- Join a Sri Lankan family in preparing a local meal
- Free and unlimited drinking water throughout trip
- 5 nights at hotels with swimming pools
- All hotels feature free Wi-Fi
- SIM card with data and internet access
- 01 hour luxury spa session at a premier Sri Lankan Spa
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa and customs clearing fees
- All meals, snacks and food items other than breakfast (unless specified)
- All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, not provided by hotels on B&B plan
- Added expenses in hotels and elsewhere which are not specified in the package
- Added experiences or excursions offered by hotels or anyone while on the trip, that is not specifically mentioned as being a part of your tour
- Cost of hiring equipment of any kind
- Purchases made when visiting places of interests, factories, spice gardens
- Tips and gratuities
Day 01/Night 01
- Welcome to Paradise. Your dedicated tour manager will welcome you on arrival and transfer you to the nearby hotel for some well-needed rest and rejuvenation. We accept arrivals for this tour from 12.00 am on day 01. Speak to us regarding arrival times should you have any concern.
- Once you are up and ready take in the splendour of your holiday we can set off on a tuk-tuk ride through Negombo town, the fish market, lagoon area and more.
- Negombo is a predominantly Roman Catholic town with numerous churches. Step into one for a few moments of peaceful solitude and watch the devotees at prayer.
- Take a stroll along the beaches of Negombo or go for a swim. Then watch the sun sink beyond the horizon and offer up a spectacularly vivid sunset.
- Head back to the hotel to refresh and step out around 8.00 pm for dinner and drinks along the vibrant Poruthota road which is lined with numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
Day 02 & 03
- We recommend an early breakfast so we can maximise our time in Tangalle.
- We use the Highway network of Sri Lanka and drive to Tangalle. The journey should take 3 hours and we intend to arrive in Tangalle for lunch. Because Tangalle beach is sleepy by nature, we do not intend to mess with that vibe. So sit back and beach away for the next days.
Day 04 & 05
Weligama & Mirissa Beach
- An early breakfast and a drive of about an hour and half will bring you to the twin beaches of Mirissa and Weligama. The beaches are a mere 5km apart. You can alternate between the two beaches as you please.
- The stay here will include two Fozoo Features .One will involve visiting a local family and cooking up a Sri Lankan lunch. The other will see you head out to sea for an exciting session of Whale watching!
- Mirissa comes alive to music as the sun goes down and you may want to stay out late taking in the party vibe.
Day 06 & 07
Unawatuna Beach & Galle
- We now drive further up the southern coast and land in Unawatuna, a beach-side resort that has seen a lot of development but still maintains a quaint side.
- En-route we will stop to have a look at the famous Stilt fishermen and visit a turtle hatchery in Koggala.
- Your time here will also include a bicycle ride through the rural villages, a visit to Galle Fort and a Spa session at a boutique Sri Lankan Spa. Both of which are unique Foozoo Features .
Day 08 & 09
- An hours drive will bring you to Bentota. We can also stop at the Hikkaduwa Beach for a quick look, stay awhile or return later should you so wish.
- In Bentota our Foozoo Features include a visit to the Lunuganga Estate, home, office and gardens of famed Sri Lankan architect, Geoffrey Bawa, as well as a river-boat ride through mangrove forests of Madhu Ganga!
Day 10 & 11
Goodbyes in Mount Lavinia
- Your departure flight time will play a role in deciding how soon you will leave Bentota. So we are very flexible with timelines here.
- We drive to Colombo and settle in the beautiful Mount Lavinia Hotel which is flanked by some of the nicest beaches close to the capital of Colombo.
- From here you can do a quick city visit or spend time at the beautiful bars and cafes in the area.
A fond farewell
Departure available anytime on day 10, night 10 or day 11
The second oldest kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka is compact and packs a punch of wow.
See an abundance of elephants, deer, water buffalo and more at one of the National parks in the area
Famed for its Sacred Temple of the Tooth, the gorgeous Kandy Lake, numerous historic landmarks and landscape, Kandy will no doubt prove to be one the tour's key highlights.
Galle and its surroundings offer a wide variety of beach spots that range from Hikkaduwa in the north to Unawatuna, Thalpe and Koggala further to the south
Unawatuna is a lovely stretch of beach lined with bustling cafes, restaurants and beach life. However if you prefer someplace quieter, we can take you to one of the nearby beaches in a matter of minutes
The confines of the Galle Fort holds a collection of beautiful buildings, cobbled streets. quaint cafes and much more for you to explore and experience.
A one hour full body massage awaits you in Galle, to soothe away any tiredness from the tour and liven you up for the work that awaits you when you get back from your Sri Lankan holiday
Spend time with a local family and cook up a storm filled with staples like rice, dhal curry, chicken curry, coconut sambol and more
Contrary to what has been said about the city in the past, the Colombo of today has a host of interesting places to see, things to do and places to visit.
Pinnawala tells a story of man's care for these majestic beasts and lets you in on some fun activities of their daily lives.
The fabulous gardens of Lunuganga and the buildings therein will offer a unique glimpse of the Bawa style that continues to inspire Sri Lankan style, design and architecture.
The hotels for this plan have been carefully selected to bring you the most comfort and convenience. That is not all, each hotel has also been picked based on its uniqueness and how each property brings out the charm of each area instead of generic hotels.
Binnacle – Negombo
Palm Paradise Cabanas – Tangalle
Weligama Bay Resort – Weligama
Paddy Bungalow – Unawatuna/Galle
Whispering Palms Hotel – Bentota
Mount Lavinia Hotel – Colombo
Please note that the hotels may be different for late bookings. However in such situations you will be notified of the alternate hotels at the time of finalizing the plan.
If you are not happy with any of the featured hotels, we are happy to offer you alternates at the time of finalizing the plan.