Start your holiday in the bustling sea side city of Negombo. Just minutes from the airport, Negombo is a melting port of religion, culture, cuisine and much more.
Island Magic – Deluxe $$$$
14 Nights & 15 Days
Full Tour of Sri Lanka
Full Tour of Sri Lanka
!!! Site Under Moderation !!! Price for single – $4950 per person / Price for couple – $3200 per person / Price for group of 4 – $2700 !!! If you are considering a 14-night tour of Sri Lanka, you would already know that Sri Lanka has lots of surprises and secrets in store for you. The best way to make the most of your time and experience all of the island’s many facets would be to call on the services of a local travel agency that has a team of travel planners who know the island intimately.
With unique experiences, branded as ‘Foozoo Features ‘ you stand to get so much more value for the money when compared with other tour operators. These include a host of freebies, authentic and localized experiences as well as accommodation that tell a story about the place you are in.
Read through this 14-night tour of Sri Lanka for more details.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy Going
Group Size Medium Group
Full Tour of Sri Lanka
A delightful 14 night tour of Sri Lanka crafted by expert Sri Lankan travel planners
This 14 night tour of Sri Lanka is loaded with Foozoo Features . These are unique additions to the tour that enhance your Sri Lanka travel experiences and vary from place to place. These are also a value-added feature that you won’t find replicated, anywhere else. Your on-ground Foozoo Travel team has combined their expertise to draw up this unique package, which brings you some of Sri Lanka’s best travel stops at a leisurely pace.
Summary of this 14 night tour of Sri Lanka package
After a warm welcome at the airport and some time off in Negombo, to recover from your journey, we head into the island’s interior to visit the first kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka. Thereafter we take two days off by the beaches on the east coast and indulge in some whale watching. Later we return to the cultural triangle to visit a rock fortress and cave temple. We then take to the hills with stops at the famed Kandy Temple of the Tooth, Spice Gardens and an Elephant Orphanage. The next few days, you will travel through the mountains with scenic train rides, tea estate visits and plenty of hiking. We then make our way down to southern coast after a two-day break near Yala for a Safari and wildlife expeditions. Finally, we make our way up the south-western coast to Colombo with spa visits, boat rides and many other beautiful experiences, thrown into the mix.
Check out the full Itinerary for this 14 night tour of Sri Lanka and start making plans!
You will receive a soft copy of your own personalized itinerary with important do’s and don’ts for your reference on confirmation of the trip. You will also receive a hard copy version (on request) upon arrival.
This is a ‘Deluxe Grade’ tour, which offers clean rooms, comfortable beds and unique hotels – comparative to four-star ratings and above.
- All airport transfers
- All transport in Sri Lanka by eco-friendly car/van (air conditioned), tuk-tuk, trains, boat trips
- All transport related costs such as driver fees, fuel, emergency repairs
- An Extra Room night for very early check-in or very late check-out. This is refundable should it not be needed (as per final travel plan)
- All accommodation as per given hotels on bed and breakfast basis (15 breakfast units)
- Special Lunch, home cooked with Sri Lankan family.
- All accommodation will be on twin sharing.
- 10/14 nights at hotels with swimming pool. All hotels with free wifi.
- Welcome pack with essentials for travel in Sri Lanka (mosquito repellent, mint, wet wipes etc)
- Sim card with data and internet access
- Entry fees to all given sites
- Free and unlimited drinking water throughout trip
- Professional tour guides as indicated
- 01-hour luxury spa session at premier Sri Lankan Spa
- Costs of Factory visit, safari, cooking experience.
- Dedicated tour manager, accommodation, fees
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- All meals, snacks and food items other than breakfast or meals specified in plan
- All beverages, alcoholic and non-alchoholic, not provided by hotels as part of the B&B plan
- Added expenses in hotels and elsewhere which are not specified in the package
- Added experiences or excursions offered by hotels or anyone while on the trip, that is not specifically mentioned as being a part of your tour
- Cost of hiring equipment of any kind purchases made when visiting places of interests, factories, spice gardens
- Tips and gratuities
Day 01/Night 01
A beach-side start
- Welcome to Paradise. Your dedicated tour manager will welcome you on arrival and transfer you to the nearby hotel for some well-needed rest and rejuvenation. We accept arrivals for this tour from 12.00 am on day 01. Speak to us regarding arrival times should you have any concern.
- Once you are up and ready take in the splendor of your holiday we can set off on a tuk-tuk ride through Negombo town, the fish market, lagoon area and more.
- Negombo is a predominantly Roman Catholic town with numerous churches. Step into one for a few moments of peaceful solitude and watch the devotees at prayer.
- Take a stroll along the beaches of Negombo or go for a swim. Then watch the sun sink beyond the horizon and offer up a spectacularly vivid sunset.
- Head back to the hotel to refresh and step out around 8.00 pm for dinner and drinks along the vibrant Poruthota road which is lined with numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
Day 02/Night 02
First of many kingdoms
- We drive about 170 km to get to our first stop and the first kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka, Anuradhapura. So an early breakfast it is. Along the way we will make fun stops to try out street side delicacies and make local friends, The next few days will be in the dry country so wear something light and keep a hat, sunglasses and plenty of moisturizing cream, handy.
- We will arrive at Anuradhapura by mid-day and check into our hotel which is at the very heart of the ancient town. From here you will set off on bicycles to explore the ruined city with refreshments on the way.
Day 03/Night 03
East coast living
- We wake up early because we are super excited to get to the beach. So a quick breakfast and we are on the road to reach Trincomalee on Sri Lanka’s east coast.
- On reaching Trincomalee we want you to enjoy the full day in the sun and sand and let the realization of ‘Yay! I’m on a holiday’ really sink in.
- An evening tour of the city is an option. As part of this, you get to explore the town and visit Koneswaram Temple which is located on a cliff and overlooking the natural harbour of Trincomalee. An opportunity to see a Pooja (religious ceremony) at the Kovil (Hindu Temple) will be arranged (but cannot confirm at this point).
Day 04/Night 04
Out at sea
- If it is Whale Watching season then we set off early (around 6.30 am) and head out for about 30 minutes. Whale watching season in Trincomalee starts from as early as March and goes on till about October. As part of the tour you will stand a chance to see Blue whales, Sperm whales and dolphins but what you see will depend on when you visit. If your holiday falls outside of Whale Watching season in Trincomalee and you are keen on this experience we will incorporate Mirissa, which is the other Whale Watching hotspot off the southern coast. Simply speak to us to have these organised. Please note that these tours are only carried with professional operators who ensure zero harm to marine life.
- On return, we head off straight to pigeon island for snorkeling and diving with an experienced guide who will advise on exploring the area without causing harm to the marine life or corals. If you do not wish to go on a Whale Watching expedition, we will head off to pigeon island instead.
Day 05/Night 05
Lessons in history
- After more time on the sands in Trincomalee, we enjoy a good morning breakfast and head back inland to visit Sigiriya.
- We kick things off with a visit the Dambulla Cave Temple, a world heritage site. The complex dates back centuries feature paintings and sculptures relating to Gautama Buddha and his life. A professional tour guide will be available to help you understand the history behind the cave temple.
- At 3.00 pm we set off to climb Sigiriya Rock; a fortress in the sky. This too is a world heritage site and a professional guide will take you on a detailed tour. Pay attention to the uniqueness of this place from the layout of the complex to the stories behind the colourful frescos. You will reach the top when the sun is fading and the surrounding area is bathed in the soft glows of an incoming dusk.
- Return to your hotel and enjoy an alfresco dining experience, under a starlit sky.
Day 06/Night 06
Spices & elephants
- After breakfast, we make our way towards Kandy with an inspiring road journey.
- En Route we will pass the Matale Town which is famous for its spice gardens. Here you can spend time getting to know the various spices used in Sri Lankan cuisine and exported to places around the world. You will also get to see the plants on which they grow and have a chance to understand how best to use them when fixing your own meals. This stop is famous for being a tourist trap, but with our team by your side, you can focus on what matters!
- Later we check in to the hotel, have lunch in the city and drive down to the Pinnawala Elephant orphanage. En-Route we stop to take in the peaceful charm of the Lankathilaka Temple.
- We will arrive at Pinnawala in time to watch the elephants return from their river bath and join the feeding.
- Later we will return to Kandy for a walk around the lake and dinner and drinks at a restaurant perched on top of the hills.
Day 07/Night 07
Train through emerald tea estates
- We wake up early and head to the Temple of the Tooth, in time for the morning’s religious observances. This is both a palace and a place of worship which Sri Lankans revere and hold very dear to their hearts. While a guide will take you through the palace, what will strike you the most is the sense of peace that descends on you as humanity, shuffles around you, chanting prayers with their hearts full of hope.
- We return to the hotel for a quick breakfast and check out. We got a train to catch people!
- The train that will take you to the hill station of Nanu-Oya will wind its way through lush tea gardens and offer vistas that you will remember for a lifetime. At Nanu-Oya your tour manager will pick you up and transport you to the tea capital of Sri Lanka, which is also referred to as ‘Little England’, Nuwara-Eliya! The weather is cooler with nighttime temperatures reaching the single digits.
- In Nuwara-Eliya, you will visit a tea factory and learn all about Ceylon Tea, A fascinating few hours of learning, understanding and respect for that golden brew. High tea with cakes and sandwiches is another cool part of this visit.
- Spend the evening in a cozy hotel complete with a fireplace and a feeling of being transported back in time.
Day 08/Night 08
Mountains and Valleys
- Wake up to a cool morning in Nuwara-Eliya and enjoy a delightful breakfast.
- Then you can opt to sit back and relax or head off on a hike to Horton Plains. This is kept as an option as there is an equally stunning hike later in the day. If you do opt for Horton Plains then it is essential you start early so that you can get to World’s End, the breathtaking lookout point and enjoy the scenery without the clouds crashing in on the view.
- We then return to the hotel and check out to catch a 12.45 pm train to Ella through even more stunning landscape. This particular route is considered as one of the most scenic train routes in the world.
- On arrival at Ella, a trippy haven in the mountains, we will enjoy some tea and head off on another hike. This time you can choose between Little Adam’s Peak or Ella Rock. Both offer magnificent views extending to the southern coast and the Indian Ocean in the distance.
- Then, return to the hotel and freshen up and hit the quaint town for trippy music, drinks and a good meal.
Day 09/Night 09
Scenic views on the way down to the coast
- Wake up to breathtaking views and head off on a smaller hike to the 9 Arches bridge (Demodara); a beautiful bridge with tall arches amid lush landscapes that will offer you some of your best photographs of your holiday. And if you capture a picture with a train passing by (that is the plan) then you have a winner!
- We check out around 10.00 am and head down to the southeastern coast of Sri Lanka with a brief stop at the mighty Ravana Falls. If time permits, a dip in its cool icy waters is a possibility.
- We stop for lunch on the way and reach the hotel for the night, in the outskirts of the Yala National Park. Oh, and did we say ‘Two nights in a Tree House’? YAS!
- On arrival, spend the rest of the day relaxing and rejuvenating.
- For the adventurous, a night safari can be arranged on this night or the next. However the cost of which is not included in this plan.
Day 10/Night 10
- This entire day is dedicated for a Safari. You will start early with breakfast on the go and return for a late lunch.
- The rest of the day will be for relaxing and discussing what an amazing safari you just had
- However, if you are up for it in the late evening, we could do a 30-minute drive to the Kataragama Devalaya (Temple) which is very popular with the local population. The area is very lively with devotees and you can feast on some beautiful cultural and religious moments.
Day 11/Night 11
Galle and its infinite charms
- We leave Yala, behind after breakfast and make our way to Unawatuna, near Galle.
- On our way, we will make a few stops.The first will be the Ussangoda National Park with its red earth giving an almost Planet Mars like vibe.
- We then drive on till we hit the Weligama bay for lunch.
- We should reach Unawatuna by 2.00 pm when it’s time to check in and jump in the ocean and/or pool and get some serious rest and relaxation.
- If your stay in Unawatuna/Galle happens to fall on a weekend, then chances are there will be a beach-side party. If that is the case then you will receive complimentary tickets from us.
Day 12/Night 12
The Galle Fort & Spa time
- The entirety of the morning and noon will be spent relaxing by the beach.
- At 2.30 pm we head off on a tour of the Galle Fort, a town within fortified walls. It was initially built by the Portuguese and then further developed by the Dutch. Its structures remain in very good condition due to excellent renovation and care. Today the area is filled with quaint cafes, hotels and interesting shops.
- At 5.00 pm you will enjoy a superb one hour massage at Sri Lanka’s finest spa chain, Spa Ceylon, at the Galle Fort.
- You can opt to enjoy dinner at a restaurant in the Galle Fort or return to Unawatuna
Day 13/Night 13
An enchanted garden and drive to Colombo
- We wake up, ready to head to Colombo and bring the holiday to a close. But we still have a few exciting things lined up for you.
- First up is a visit to Lunuganga Estate, the beautiful garden and home created by world-renowned Sri Lankan architect, Geoffrey Bawa. We have no doubt that this will be one of the key highlights of your holiday.
- There is also a boat ride along the Madhu river that is available if time permits and you are up for it. This unique boat ride takes you along a river lined with mangroves.
- We will be taking the highway to Colombo and as such you will reach the city in about 2 hours.
- The rest of the evening will be set aside for some quiet time in the city or the hotel.
Day 14/Night 14
A day and night in Colombo
- Alas, it is our last day of the tour but it can be filled to the brim with activities.
- Sightseeing will include the independence square, art sellers by the park, the red mosque, the Dutch hospital precinct and a sunset at Galle Face Green. We will also take you to a few unique and recommended places for shopping.
A fond farewell
Departure available anytime on day 14, night 14 or day 15
We stop in Anuradhapura on our way to Trincomalee. It is a city with two faces, a bustling township of present day Sri Lanka and the ancient kingdom sprawled over a large area with numerous places of historical importance. We will take you to some of the most awe-inspiring places that can also be experienced via a bicycle tour.
This is a fun way to spend half a day when in Trincomalee.
See Blue whales, Sperm whales, dolphins and more as part of your whale watching trip
Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site (1991) in Sri Lanka, situated in the central part of the country.
There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over five caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are related to Gautama Buddha and his life
A brief visit to the area's spice gardens will help you understand the stories, flavours and how best to incorporate them into your cuisine.
Pinnawala tells a story of man's care for these majestic beasts and lets you in on some fun activities of their daily lives.
A centrepiece of the Gampola Kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka
Watch a constantly changing landscape decked out in green as we leave Kandy and head to the higher elevations of Nuwara-Eliya
Breath-taking scenery and night-time temperatures of single digits offer a completely contrasting experience of Sri Lanka
Once a sleepy hillside village is now one of Sri Lanka's most loved destinations. Perched on top and offering spectacular views all around, Ella is a place to roam free and connect with nature.
The wild will be wild and Yala is one of the best places in Sri Lanka to witness it all. This includes three of the big four attractions, Elephants, Leopards and Sloth Bear.
Galle and its surroundings offer a wide variety of beach spots that range from Hikkaduwa in the north to Unawatuna, Thalpe and Koggala further to the south
Unawatuna is a lovely stretch of beach lined with bustling cafes, restaurants and beach life. However if you prefer someplace quieter, we can take you to one of the nearby beaches in a matter of minutes
The confines of the Galle Fort holds a collection of beautiful buildings, cobbled streets. quaint cafes and much more for you to explore and experience.
A one hour full body massage awaits you in Galle, to soothe away any tiredness from the tour and liven you up for the work that awaits you when you get back from your Sri Lankan holiday
Spend time with a local family and cook up a storm filled with staples like rice, dhal curry, chicken curry, coconut sambol and more
Contrary to what has been said about the city in the past, the Colombo of today has a host of interesting places to see, things to do and places to visit.
The hotels for this plan have been carefully selected to bring you the most comfort and convenience. That is not all, each hotel has also been picked based on its uniqueness and how each property brings out the charm of each area instead of generic hotels.
Binnacle – Negombo
The Sanctuary at Tisawewa – Anuradhapura
Anantamaa – Trincomalee
Sigiriya Village – Sigiriya
Clove Villa – Kandy
Ferncliff – Nuwara Eliya
Hotel OnRock – Ella
Gaga Bees – Yala
Thambapanni Retreat – Unawatuna/Galle
55TG Boutique Suites – Colombo
Please note that the hotels may be different for late bookings. However, in such situations, you will be notified of the alternate hotels at the time of finalizing the plan.
If you are not happy with any of the featured hotels, we are happy to offer you alternates at the time of finalizing the plan.