Start your holiday in the bustling sea side city of Negombo. Just minutes from the airport, Negombo is a melting port of religion, culture, cuisine and much more.
Island Spell – Deluxe $$$$
7 Nights & 8 Days
Brief Tour of Sri Lanka
Brief Tour of Sri Lanka
!!! Site Under Moderation !!! Price for single – $3800 per person / Price for couple – $2500 per person / Price for group of 4 – $ 2100 !!! When you have an island with infinite possibilities, but you’ve only got a week, this is the plan that will give you a good jolt of paradise. The jewel of South Asia is packed with experiences yet easy on pace. The ultimate 7 nights & 8 days short Sri Lanka tour package is available in three price grades. This is mid-level price plan for this tropical holiday and one that can be equally enjoyed by individuals, couples or family.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy Going
Group Size Medium Group
Brief Tour of Sri Lanka
Why Island Spell…
Island Spell packages are a great way to experience a tropical holiday destination with infinite possibilities in a short span of time. Your on-ground Foozoo Travel team has combined their expertise to draw up this unique package, which brings you some of Sri Lanka’s best travel stops in a leisurely pace. Watch out for interesting Foozoo Features that help you experience Sri Lanka with more meaning and depth. Feel free to contact us for further customization.
Summary of this tour
Your Sri Lankan holiday with Foozoo Travels kicks off with a big welcome at the airport. We will then take you to nearby Negombo for a night about town. Later we will head out into the country’s cultural triangle to witness ruined cities, fortresses in the sky and a visit to a wildlife sanctuary. Next up is Kandy where you will visit the famed Temple of the tooth and a tea estate. We then move to Sri Lanka’s south-west coast beaches. Your time here will feature a day excursion to the historic Galle Fort, a riverboat ride and a spa treatment. Finally, you will return for a night in Colombo, a bit of shopping and a fond farewell. All in all, this is one Sri Lanka short tour that will deliver on your expectations.
You will receive a soft copy of your own personalized itinerary with important do’s and don’ts for your reference on confirmation of the trip. You will also receive a hard copy version (on request) upon arrival.
This is a ‘Standard Grade’ tour, which offers clean rooms, comfortable beds and unique hotels – comparative to three-star ratings.
- Airport transfers, highway fees, parking fees, driver fees, fuel, emergency repairs, vehicle insurance
- Travel in Sri Lanka by eco-friendly car/van (air conditioned), tuk-tuk, trains, boat trips as indicated in the itinerary
- All accommodation as per given hotels on bed and breakfast basis (8 breakfast units) – Alternate hotels available on request
- An extra room night for very early check-in or very late checkout. This is refundable should it not be needed (as per final travel plan)
- All accommodation will be on twin sharing basis
- Welcome gift pack with essentials for travel in Sri Lanka (mosquito repellent, mint, wet wipes, etc.)
- Entry fees to all given sites
- Dedicated tour manager, accommodation, fees
- Professional tour guide for Dambulla, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Kandy and Safari
- Join a Sri Lankan family in preparing a local meal
- Free and unlimited drinking water throughout trip
- 5 nights at hotels with swimming pools
- All hotels feature free Wi-Fi
- SIM card with data and internet access
- 01 hour luxury spa session at a premier Sri Lankan Spa
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa and customs clearing fees
- All meals, snacks and food items other than breakfast (unless specified)
- All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, not provided by hotels on B&B plan
- Added expenses in hotels and elsewhere which are not specified in the package
- Added experiences or excursions offered by hotels or anyone while on the trip, that is not specifically mentioned as being a part of your tour
- Cost of hiring equipment of any kind
- Purchases made when visiting places of interests, factories, spice gardens
- Tips and gratuities
Day 01/Night 01
A beach-side start
- Welcome to Paradise. Your dedicated tour manager will welcome you on arrival and transfer you to the nearby hotel for some well-needed rest and rejuvenation. We accept arrivals for this tour from 12.00 am on day 01. Speak to us regarding arrival times should you have any concern.
- Once you are up and ready take in the splendour of your holiday we can set off on a tuk-tuk ride through Negombo town, the fish market, lagoon area and more.
- Negombo is a predominantly Roman Catholic town with numerous churches. Step into one for a few moments of peaceful solitude and watch the devotees at prayer.
- Take a stroll along the beaches of Negombo or go for a swim. Then watch the sun sink beyond the horizon and offer up a spectacularly vivid sunset.
- Head back to the hotel to refresh and step out around 8.00 pm for dinner and drinks along the vibrant Poruthota road which is lined with numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
Day 02/Night 02
A fortress in the sky
- We have to drive about 150 km to get to our first stop. So an early breakfast it is. Along the way we will make fun stops to try out street side delicacies and make local friends, The next few days will be in the dry country so wear something light and keep a hat, sunglasses and plenty of moisturizing cream, handy.
- We will arrive at the Dambulla Cave Temple, a world heritage site, around 11.00 am. The complex dating back centuries feature paintings and sculptures relating to Gautama Buddha and his life. A professional tour guide will be available to help you understand the history behind the cave temple.
- A short drive later, we will check into the hotel which is built around the concept of a traditional Sri Lankan village. It is one of the finest in the area and offers a spectacular pool with a clear view of the Sigiriya rock, plenty of walkways, lush gardens and an ayurvedic spa. Spend some time relaxing here and taking in the sights and sounds.
- At 3.00 pm we set off to climb Sigiriya Rock; a fortress in the sky. This too is a world heritage site and a professional guide will take you on a detailed tour. Pay attention to the uniqueness of this place from the layout of the complex to the stories behind the colourful frescos. You will reach the top when the sun is fading and the surrounding area is bathed in the soft glows of an incoming dusk.
- Return to your hotel and enjoy an alfresco dining experience, under a starlit sky.
Day 03/Night 03
A lost kingdom and a wild safari
- An early breakfast will mean you having more time to explore your next destination, so off we go!
- The drive to Polonnaruwa will be through rural Sri Lanka. Polonnaruwa is the second kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka and unlike Anuradhapura, which was the first kingdom, the sites here are in close quarters. This means you can cover the important ones in a span of half a day. Some of the key sites you will visit will be the main archaeological park with its beautiful quadrangle complex, the museum and the tank. Lunch will be in a village hut!
- On our way back we will head to either the Minneriya or Wasgamuwa National Park for a safari. Which one you will visit will depend on the feedback we will get from our friends at the park who will update us on the level of activity. Please be reminded that we only work with Safari operators who respect the wild and will not entertain requests that will put either the animals or you at risk. On the Safari you are likely to see herds of elephants, deer, wild boar, water buffalo, peacocks and a profusion of birdlife.
- We will return to the hotel as darkness falls and an early dinner. A good rest is encouraged.
Day 04/Night 04
Kandy by day, beach by night
- Welcome to a very highly eventful day. We drive up the hills to Kandy where we witness a religious ritual at the famous Temple of the tooth and enjoy a walk around the lake at the centre of the city. We will also visit a tea factory and estate.
- In the afternoon we visit the Lankathilaka temple and stop to feed the baby elephants at the Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
- Then we drive down to the west coast of the island for some relaxing time by the beach.
Day 05/Night 05
Exploring the south west coast
- Wake up to life on the beach. Spend the whole day lazing around and enjoying the sun and sand.
- For lunch, we visit a Sri Lankan home and cook up a meal in a very authentic style
- In the evening, you could take your pick from some of the best seafood restaurants around.
Day 06/Night 06
Soaking up the sun and free spa time
- On this day, a quick breakfast is followed by a drive to Galle. A visit to the beautifully maintained home and estate of renowned Sri Lankan architect, Geoffrey Bawa as well as a riverboat ride through mangrove forests is planned for the morning hours.
- On arrival at Unawatuna/Galle, we relax and spend some time by the beach.
- In the afternoon we do a tour of the famous Galle Fort and follow it up with a soothing massage at a premium Sri Lankan Spa.
Day 07/Night 07
Exploring the capital city, Colombo
- This is most likely your final day in Sri Lanka and we are flexible with the itinerary. You can have an early check-out and head to Colombo for some shopping and sightseeing Alternately if you are not the city type, we can organise a late check out so you get more time on the beach.
- We will be taking the highway to Colombo and as such you will reach the city in about 2 hours. Once you check in to the hotel we will take you to see a few interesting places such as the independence square, art sellers by the park, the red mosque, the Dutch hospital precinct and a sunset at Galle Face Green.
- Thereafter you can enjoy dinner at any of our recommended restaurants and call it a night.
A fond farewell
Departure available anytime on day 07, night 07 or day 08
The second oldest kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka is compact and packs a punch of wow.
See an abundance of elephants, deer, water buffalo and more at one of the National parks in the area
Famed for its Sacred Temple of the Tooth, the gorgeous Kandy Lake, numerous historic landmarks and landscape, Kandy will no doubt prove to be one the tour's key highlights.
Galle and its surroundings offer a wide variety of beach spots that range from Hikkaduwa in the north to Unawatuna, Thalpe and Koggala further to the south
Unawatuna is a lovely stretch of beach lined with bustling cafes, restaurants and beach life. However if you prefer someplace quieter, we can take you to one of the nearby beaches in a matter of minutes
The confines of the Galle Fort holds a collection of beautiful buildings, cobbled streets. quaint cafes and much more for you to explore and experience.
A one hour full body massage awaits you in Galle, to soothe away any tiredness from the tour and liven you up for the work that awaits you when you get back from your Sri Lankan holiday
Spend time with a local family and cook up a storm filled with staples like rice, dhal curry, chicken curry, coconut sambol and more
Contrary to what has been said about the city in the past, the Colombo of today has a host of interesting places to see, things to do and places to visit.
Pinnawala tells a story of man's care for these majestic beasts and lets you in on some fun activities of their daily lives.
The fabulous gardens of Lunuganga and the buildings therein will offer a unique glimpse of the Bawa style that continues to inspire Sri Lankan style, design and architecture.
The hotels for this plan have been carefully selected to bring you the most comfort and convenience. That is not all, each hotel has also been picked based on its uniqueness and how each property brings out the charm of each area instead of generic hotels.
Villa Hundira – Negombo
Heritance Kandalama – Sigiriya/Dambulla
Sri Villas – Beruwela
Coco Bay – Unawatuna/Galle
Court Hotel & Spa – Colombo
Please note that the hotels may be different for late bookings. However, in such situations, you will be notified of the alternate hotels at the time of finalizing the plan.
If you are not happy with any of the featured hotels, we are happy to offer you alternates at the time of finalizing the plan.